While studyin some featurelists of various issue tracking systems like RT, an idea of a few missing gmail functions came into my mind, that could turn gmail into a full-fledged, simple, high performance, webbased issue/bug tracking system!
Here they are:
primary missing features:
- multiuser login
- multiuser browsing
- automated numbering of new incoming mails (ticket #)
- owners (ability to “take” issues/requests)
- prioritize issues/requests
secondary missing features:
- history of all activities
- statistics about: user, labels, timelines, searches
All other needed features are already there! Even an integrated chat/videochat!
I’m sure, developing all these requirements and implementation of the whole story as a new Labs product would take only a few weeks, providing a good developing team. I’m anxious for reading news about the new “Google issue tracker” :)
What do you think? Email me when similar gmail based product is ready for some beta tests…